Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 59--(cont)--Dive, Dive, Dive!

Holy buckets, Batman! A thunder storm just passed through here, making my tent a bit of a houseboat. So far, the waterproof floor is keeping the water at bay. 

I'd just finished cooking my dinner when the rain started. It didn't just start with a light rain. No, in a matter of 5 seconds it was pouring! Dive! Dive! Dive! Into the tent, dinner in hand! Throw everything in or under the vestibules! Wait! Why is my tent so loose? Ah crap! Another broken pole section. This time on the cross piece. Holding it up, I fished around in the tent bag for the spare plumbing coupling. Got it on, and the tent back in position. 

I noticed the tent floor was getting a little waterbed-like. I looked out the door into the vestibule, and could see my bike sandals filling with water. Great!  

Finally it passed. Now I'm just waiting for the lake to drain around my tent. 

I've also just met this South Londoner gal named Iesha. If she lived just a bit closer to where I am going, I'd stay with her, as she has offered. Who knows, I have her number. Maybe it will work out???

No comments: