Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 4--That Was the Best Shower Ever!

This morning my new friends, Lydia and Cody, were up and on the road well before 7:00. I think they are the only cyclists their age that I've met that don't sleep until 9:00 and then get going. I, however, did not need to get such an early start. Yet, I was still on the road by 7:30. I had just 23 miles to get to Stevenson and my brother and sister-in-law's house...and, it was mostly downhill.
On the long straight downhill of Wind River Rd.

I arrived somewhere around 9:30. Easily found their house. Finally, a shower! It was the Best Shower Ever! I also took care of my laundry, and my brother took me to the grocery store so I could restock up some food.

Scott had invited some friends and some of our cousins as well as our brother to come for a BBQ. People started arriving around 3:00. It was great afternoon with good food. A couple of Scott and Lori's friends are cyclists. They thought MC was pretty cool. Scott rode her around in the parking lot, and so did his friend. They both had the same reaction that everyone has when they ride her...it's a lot easier than it looks. Granted, they're not pulling the trailer...I wouldn't make them do that.

Sadly, I didn't take any photos of the festivities. But, I will leave you with these photos of my night time companions. 
Bubba says, "Are you stealing my bed?" (The couch, and yes I am)

Lulu kitty.

Total miles: 23.2
Average: 12.6 (because it was mostly downhill)

No comments: