Wednesday, August 13, 2014

There's a New Horse in Town!

Yep, pulled the trigger on this bad girl today!

In keeping with tradition that all my bikes are female, I'd like to introduce Mama Cass! She is a Surly ECR. This is Surly's Off-Road Touring machine. I've had my eye on this baby for awhile now. It's been my plan to get the ECR to do Idaho Hot Springs Mountain Bike Route, and more importantly, the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route.

Besides all her cage bosses, and awesome gearing, here's a couple of photos of her cool Jones H-bar and 3" fat tires.
Check out the huge amount of real estate on this bar!

Ready for anything the Divide can dish out!

So, the Divide ride is not until Sept. 2016, and Idaho won't be until next summer, but MC will be pretty great on some gravel rides here. Will I be able to keep up with the others now? Not likely, but I'll sure have more fun trying!

No comments: